Tornado is the clone of a C64 game. I know that was a long time ago, but
maybe somebody still remembers that times.
The goal of the game is to destroy the opponent's house with certain weather phenomenons: rain, snow, hail, lightning and tornado. The game can be played together (two players), against the computer (or two computer players against each other) or over a TCP connection.
Tornado is released under the GPL.
If you're now thinking, "Hey, but I thought Tornado is a webserver.", you're probably on the wrong page. If you looking for the Tornado HTTP Server go to http://tornado.sourceforge.net/ instead.
Screenshots of the game:
|The Tornado starting screen.|
|A lightning splitting a house.|
|The monster vacuum cleaner.|
- Just type "make" and the program should compile on every Unix system
that meets the above requirements.
See the files README and INSTALL in the program package for more details.
- If the locale stuff does not work for some reason, you can compile and install the program with "make tornado-no-locales" and "make tornado-no-locales-install".
- Binaries are available for most releases. They are compiled statically on my system and should run on every Linux box.
- Install the binary packages with the included install.sh shell script. See the included INSTALL.binary file.
Use the stable version unless you want a feature/change introduced in the devel version.
I have changed the directory structure of the downloads on the server. If you get any 404/not found errors for any of the downloads, please let me know.
- Tornado 1.4 source - [pgp signature].
- Tornado 1.3 Linux i386 - [pgp signature].
- Tornado 1.2 OSX ppc - [pgp signature] - Use fink package instead.
- Tornado 1.2a Beos R5 - [pgp signature].
- You can get my key here or from the PGP keyservers.
- Plain download directory.
Third party packages are not done by myself. These have either been sent to me or I found them somewhere on the web. Please let me know if you have done any packages or included the game in any distribution so I can keep track of all the packages that exist. Please address problems with the packaging of these versions to the corresponding authors.
- RPMs (and even up-to-date ones this time ;) ) can now be found on Jens' webpage.
- Fink (http://fink.sourceforge.net/pdb/package.php/tornado) - Seems to be pretty up to date.
- The FreeBSD port in FreeBSD 4.8 seems to be up-to-date now.
- Inform version - Coded by Sophie Fruehling.